HousED Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Director of HousED
The Partnership for Children & Youth (PCY) is an innovative, well respected, high impact organization committed to closing the achievement and opportunity gaps for students from under-resourced communities, so that all young people can thrive in school and beyond. We have a longstanding reputation as excellent partners and collaborators with a diverse set of allies and stakeholders.
PCY seeks to fill the full-time Administrative Coordinator position within our HousED Initiative (Housing and Education). A successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and efficient. This is a tremendous opportunity for a hands-on leader who is eager to deepen our mission by strengthening our internal capacity. Ideal candidates will have experience providing administrative support within the non-profit, affordable housing, and/or education sector. This position requires an individual who is able to “roll up their sleeves,” is committed to helping others, and invested in advancing PCY’s HousED Initiative.
The HousED Administrative Coordinator is responsible for a diverse set of tasks and will focus on coordinating projects in close collaboration with the HousED Director. The primary responsibilities are to plan, implement, and complete administrative projects such as booking meetings/calls, email correspondence, coordinating travel, preparing and editing meeting documentation. The Coordinator is also responsible for providing fiscal and client management support by ensuring contracts, invoices, and data-tracking tools are executed efficiently. This position will also work closely with the Manager of Technical Assistance (TA) and Event Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of HousED, the HousED Administrative Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with the Director to determine the scope of assigned tasks, projects, or other assignments.
- Prepare and distribute meeting documentation such as agendas, notes, surveys, and forms for internal and external meetings.
- Make local and national travel and hotel arrangements for the HousED Initiative (staff and participants).
Client Outreach and Management
- Build and maintain strong working relationships and manage communication with clients, participants, consultants, or vendors.
- Set-up and coordinate meetings between the HousED Director and partners, clients, participants, or consultants.
- Manage client tracking tools such as Salesforce and Excel.
- Assist HousED Director in developing proposals and contracts for clients, partners, consultants and vendors.
- Oversee the invoicing process based on contract timelines, track and process invoices, and prepare reports.
- Monitor expenditures, process stipends, and ensure fiscal compliance.
- Liaise with the fiscal and contract staff to ensure accuracy in contracts, invoices, and vendor agreements, and other associated documentation.
Evaluation and Reporting
- Manage data collection and documentation for initiative evaluation (e.g. workshop attendance, training hours, surveys, interviews).
- Create project management documents and reports to communicate deliverables and status updates.
- Contribute to narrative and evaluation reports for contracts and grants.
The successful candidate will be adaptable, task-oriented, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by collaboration and executed with creativity and efficiency. S/he will have a sense of humor, patience, and a commitment to treating others with respect. Specific education, skills and experience include:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant, progressive work experience in administration.
- Results-focused, self-starter who works effectively in teams and independently with a high degree of resourcefulness and sound judgement.
- Experience providing administrative support in contracting and budget processes, including tracking invoices, monitoring expenses, and reporting.
- Flexibility, keen attention to detail, and ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft products (e.g. Drive, Docs, Word, Power Point, and Excel) is required; knowledge and experience in Salesforce is a plus.
- Working knowledge of online tools such as Survey Monkey, Wufoo, Zoom, Adobe Connect, and Typeform is preferred.
- Commitment to the values and mission of PCY.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Some local and national travel
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of position
Full-time (1.00 FTE; 40 hours per week)
Full-time Annual Salary Range: $46,000-$50,000
Benefits include health, 401k, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Please include HousED Administrative Coordinator in the subject line.
Deadline: Position is open until filled.
Email applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding this position. Please do not call.
Partnership for Children and Youth is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels of our work. The organization’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity means that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action and termination will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.